Friday, September 10, 2010

School Days

Do you know when us Babe's were brainstorming themes for September and I suggested Back to School I had a couple of whines...not gonna mention any names, but one sistah who is near and dear to my heart DOES NOT make back to school cards! LOL!!!! I'll fess up, either did I until last year when I became an empty nester (for a few months anyway) and was so happy that my boys were heading off to University that I decided to make them cards. They actually LIKE getting cards from their ole' mom! So I decided to keep up the tradition this year.


This is Derek's card and I chose it specifically because he is an avid reader. That kid is not a social animal, he is totally happy and content in his own company watching a movie on his laptop or reading a book in his room. In some ways he is a lot like me, but yet, in some ways soooooo different! I don't read! Like I have not a read a book since I was in school! I need to keep my hands moving and create! If I don't have something tangible to show for my time, it seems wasted to me.

I used Knowledge Speaks for this card. It is a Jessica Rose image and OMG...I love her stuff and I paired it up with Your book is Due (also a Jessica Rose image) Your book is due was stamped on ivory paper in versamagic sage ink and I also sponged the edges with the same ink so it is a very subtle look. The main image was stamped with Brilliance Ink on Bella's Bestest Paper. The designer paper is a 6x6 Kaiser Kraft pad called Up, Up and Away that I picked up at Pickle...they have a LOT of 6x6 pads in the store and that makes me happy 'cause I LOVE 6x6 paper pads.

I strayed from my normal colouring medium of choice on this card and used VERY little copics, and mostly pencils. I think that Jessica's images are softer and pair better with a pencil look rather than copics. So I used only one light shade of copic to get a solid base coat and everything else was done in pencil. Please don't ask what colors, because I have no clue! I'll just say LOTS!

I'm gonna make this a school days weekend and Sunday I'll be back to show you Alex's card...another Jessica Rose...can you guess what it is???? hehehe!

In the meantime, you can get working on next week's challenge! It's a sketch by yours truely and I hope you like it. It is nice and simple and all square (for us squares!) so I hope you get a chance to play. It is always so cool to see how a sketch is interpreted, especially when it is mine!!!!! So play along and humour me okay!
Till next time...Linda.

8 comments:

Janette said...

Brilliant card and as always your colouring is to 'die for'...xx

Shelby Goolsby said...

Your coloring and shading with pencils is just great.

Cindy H. said...

So that's why I'm not getting many cards done, I read too much, lol. Love the image and your gorgeous coloring, as always!!

Dana White said...

This is a stunning card - hey is that a new watermark?!

Kerri said...

love the card as well as the colors..looking forward to learning from you...thks for sharing

paula tracy williamson said...

omg, it was ME! I admit it, I whined, but not "wined", maybe I should have! I can't wait to see which one you did for Alex...did you tell me? I love this image! Gorjusssss!, I mean, macho! lol, VERY masculine and butch. :)

Crafty Cath said...

Dang - now we find out the Copic girl can color just as well with plain pencils. There's no limit to your talents. Will we evah catch up? Hehe. Love your card. Of course, I had to blow up the image again to see all the details. You have a great eye! I need one of your classes!

Anonymous said...

I love that image, I just ordered it and can't wait to ink it up and copy you! Love the layout too girl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails