Friday, October 15, 2010

It's a bird, it's a plane...

no, it's ketto's SOLID tree!

Pretty corney eh, must be those muscle relaxants starting to mush my brain! I haven't been able to colour all week, I have just started to migrate off the sofa and I'm getting a little antsy I tell ya! Whined to the hubs last night that I had not been creative in 5 days and it was starting to take a hit on my balance in life!


Many people have trouble knowing what to do with solid stamps, but truth is, they can be really easy to use. I stamped this one with versacolor bisque pigment ink on Bella's BESTEST paper and let it dry. Then using my prismacolor pencils I added some blue shading, and some shading on the solid image. Some glitter and my trusty Ranger glossy accents was all I added to it. I spent just a few minutes going thru my papers but then decided I wanted to keep it simple and just took a cuttlebug embossing folder to the cardstock for the background.

I made this card last Saturday, just about the time my back was starting to give out so didn't spend a lot of time going thru my stash of embossing folders and picked one that just happened to be sitting on the desk. Now that I look at it, I think it is a holly border! Oh my! My eyesight must have been starting to go too!

Next week, for us sketch challenged peeps...we have a sketch! I know you all love sketch challenges and this one is compliments of our own Elainabella. Did I tell you that I saw some of Elaine's cards up close and personal when I was at Stamping bella a few weeks ago! Let me just say, and we've all said it before, but pictures DO NOT do those cards justice! They are absolutely STUNNING!!!!!

Now you have the entire weekend, so go get busy stamping and colouring, me, I'm off to take a shower and make another visit to my chiropractor!

8 comments:

Ebru Vatansever said...

Linda, I love the simplicity of this card, it's just beautiful. Nice embossing background.

Robin McK said...

Hi Linda!
Ya know what? I am always amazed at what you do when you are not colouring. You've given this solid stamp some life! And back when we had to do paper piecing, you did it then too!
Fabulous card - love the glitter and glossy accents!
TFS

Dana White said...

STUnning - love the gloss on the tree - I understand the need to be creative with solid stamps! Hope the back eases this weekend; drink lots of vino I'm sure that will help ;)

MarkerGeek said...

This is fantabulous!!! And I hadn't even seen this stamp before - how did I miss it?! Love it!

And MWAH to you - between you and Paula I'm totally blushing now!! :)

Hope your back pain eases soon.

Pauline said...

Linda, this is gorgeous!!! I don't ever recall seeing this stamp, I think I need this stamp! Love it - the glossy accents and glitter and even that embossing folder!

Anonymous said...

Girlfriend, this card is proof you don't need to colour to make a hot card!!!

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Stunning Linda.....love what you did with the solid image....may have to go to my stash and pull some out and give it a whirl.

paula tracy williamson said...

You know what to do with a solid stamp...all the TIME....did I say GRRRRRRRR already? lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails