Thursday, January 13, 2011

Do you like mice?

Actually, I think they are ADORABLE! Rats on the other hand, not so much! There is something about a rat that just creeps me out.

Mice remind me of working at our old office location because there were mice AND centipedes...me...well, if you've read my blog for the last little while you KNOW what I think of those nasty 'pedes' but my work pod mate at the time, Colleen, had just about the same reaction to mice! We worked some late nights back then and if you know pedes and mice, you know they come out at night! Ya, I can laugh now, but then...oh my did we have some frightful encounters! I'm laughing just typing this...and Colleen...I know you read this sometimes, hope you are getting a good chuckle too! Remember that plastic bug that would rear it's ugly head from time to time? Well, I still have it! You NEVER know when it might show up! ROTFL!!!

I digress, let's move on to a really cute mouse. This is Eunice, a Christy Croll image available at Stamping Bella.


I chose Basic Grey's sugar rush paper as my colour inspiration and didn't have to stress over the layout because this week it was given to us by our Bella team member Kimabella. These are the copics I used:

W00, 1, 3, 4
R22, 24, 27, RV00, 02, R00
E50, 51, 53, 33
YR31, 21, 23, Y00, 11

I did add some prismacolor pencils to shade the mouse but the only one I specifically remember is Tuscan Red to deepen the skirt. I used a colour called sand to shade around the image then when I sponged with some Versamagic Thatched straw and Wheat around the edges I realized it exactly matched my sand color pencil and although I have no definitive shading around the image I was pretty happy with the end result. The sentiment comes along with the stamp and I cut it freeform into a retro shape. For me, this card screams Micky and Minnies house that we toured at Disney in Florida many years ago. If I recall, for mice, I thought their house was very retro chic!

Next week our challenge is FREE FORM....so use your imagination or take advantage of one of the great sketch blogs out there, but just use a bella image and submit a jpeg of your card to Emily by next Thursday. Let's show her some luv because she up to her curly haired head in CHA prep and I KNOW seeing cards flood in to her inbox will put a big grin on her face!

Later, Linda.

17 comments:

Rach said...

this is gorgeous! beautiful colouring and i love your choice of papers.x

Pauline said...

Gorgeous Linda! Your choice of papers is perfect - love the richness of her red dress!

Denimo said...

Oh Linda... this is just wonderful. I smiled just as soon as I saw it!! And I love that 'punny' sentiment. It's perfect!

Betty said...

Linda, that's gorgeous! Love the colors and the layout. I really don't like mice but I love Brie...ahh baked brie with raspberry chipolte sauce.

Ebru Vatansever said...

what a beautiful card Linda, love the DS paper and the color tones.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Gosh, your colouring can't be beat. Mary Maxum, in Port Huron, is looking for a teacher and I'm buying Copics. Please get in touch with them if you are interested in teaching. Brenda Miller www.marymaxim.com

Dana White said...

OK this is one cute mouse!!! Have a great weekend

Crafty Cath said...

Girlfriend that red dress is a knockout! Ok the rest is too but I love the rich color you gave to Eunice's attire.

stamping bella said...

Why are you so good?
Hmph
Love ya
Em

The Spotted Chick said...

Thinking bad names and more bad names!! LOL!! Mwah! Chicken

Michele Boyer said...

My mice are your pedes. EEEKKK!!!! But I LOVE *YOUR* mouse! Fabulous fabulous coloring! :)

coldwaters2 said...

Gosh this is a real little beauty that image is gorgeous so is the papers, colours and design a super creation.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Damn I knew I should of gotten that Basic Grey pad!!!! This is beautiful, and I am with you, Mice cute...Rats, pooey!

Robin McK said...

Hey Lindabella!
This creation is soooo adorable! I love your papers, and that deep red skirt is delicious!
Hope you're having a good winter!
Maybe I will see you next time you are doing a class in Bellaland...

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Super, duper cute!!! :)

Linda Carson said...

Picture PERFECT!

MarkerGeek said...

Linda, your colouring always makes me happy! :) Love this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails