Monday, January 31, 2011

I fell hard....

...for Kokeshi dolls! I absolutely LOVE them, adore them, want to squish them! But they are likely made of wood so wouldn't be too squishable.

I am gonna start my parade of kokeshi's with tomiko, miyuki and kaede KOKESHI.



These come in a set of three individual stamps and I lined them all up on my block and stamped it as one image. Pretty clever, huh huh! I think these would also make ADORABLE little plain white note cards just like I did with my pixies last week. I kept the card pretty simple, an A2 size with some white mulberry paper as the background and bordering the main image with some Japanese handmade paper. It is all very tactile!

You may wonder why I love them so much, well I'm gonna show you! These are my dolls! The two wooden ones are Matrioshka dolls from Poland and I think I may have bought the little primitive cutie with the hat and dress WAY back on a trip to Barbados...I'm talking like maybe 40 years ago. I love them all and they live in a cabinet with several other antique toys. Among them, my little circa 1965 toy singer sewing machine that still works! These are a few of my favorite things!


Now that I'm done gushing about my toys, I'll give you the card recipe:

As always, I used memento ink stamping on bella's BESTEST paper. These are the colors of markers I used:
V12, 15, 17, YG25, 67, Y15, 17
YR61, 02, 68, R24, 27, 29, 59
E30, 31, 33, 35

Of course I used pencil to shade around the images, but very little pencil was used on the image itself.

I hope you like these kokeshi's as much as I do! Now, hopefully I have inspired you to get busy colouring and play along in our Valentine's Day challenge this week...let's POUR on the Stamping Bella love!

Till next time....later, Linda

3 comments:

Michele Boyer said...

You just HAD to do it. I thought and thought and thought about ordering these and decided not to. **sigh** Oh well, next order. :) SUPER cute!!!

Dana White said...

These are really sweet - I agree with Michelle I held off ordering these and now I want them!!

Linda Carson said...

toooooooooooooooo cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails