Friday, April 8, 2011

Men are from Mars, women are from Venus

I'm writing this post Thursday evening in my fav spot at the kitchen table and for the first time from the keyboard of my beloved iPad 2...actually i would normally use my laptop here but ive got criminal minds playing on there at the moment so now i can watch my fav show while i blog! It doesn't get much better than this. I also want to mention that my friend Jenny got her new iPad yesterday and the first thing she did when she left the store was to text me that she got it...well I didn't hear the text because the phone was in another room so she called me! It was pretty exciting to share her immediate joy!

While I'm thinking about Jenny a funny thing happened at work the other day. As I was bouncing with joy coming back from her office telling her about the Royal Wedding app I downloaded that morning a group of guys were all huddled in the pod next to mine looking very excited about something. So I make a pitt stop to see what's going on and it is a DS 3D...I'm like I thought you may have been all excited about the royal wedding app and one of them pipes up and says "Linda, you are SO in the wrong pod" ...It just goes to show you that it is so true... men are from mars, women are from Venus!

With life updates out of the way I'll get on with my card. This is from Stamping Bells's latest release and YAY it's a Mo and this sweetie's name is sorry Shanna by Mo Manning.


For our monochromatic challenge I decided to keep with soft pinks except for greenery, flesh and hair where I strayed. Did I break the rules? Heck no...we are pretty flexible on this challenge blog and the ONLY rule is that you use a Bella image.

I stamped her on Bella"s BESTEST paper and colored her with the following copic markers...don't you JUST LOVE the E30 on her hair? Talk about blonde!

E0000, 000, O0, 11, 21
YR30, 20, E41, 53 (hair)
R0000, 000, 00, 01, 20, 21, 22
R12, 14. RV11, YG23, 63
E40, 41, 42, 43

Next week our challenge is a sketch and it one of MINE! I plucked it from one of my cards and it is my go-to sketch and I use it often. Do you recognize it from any of my cards?

I hope it becomes one of your fav's too!

And don't forget if you are in the area head on over to Scrapfest in Kitchener! Emily will be there and babes will be swarming around everywhere!

11 comments:

MarkerGeek said...

Oh LOL. I would so have been with the guys on this one. ;)

LOVE your card btw!!!!

Leslie said...

WOW!! Every week I'm astonished by your cards...wait...every post! :) Your colouring is what I strive for!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Royal Wedding app??? Wonder if I can get it on my iTouch???

Your card is darling, Linda! I LOVE how you gave her checks a sun-kissed look! She looks exactly like she's been outside all day long, just enjoying life!

Dana White said...

LOL I have yet to do my post on the iPad! She is super cute! Wish I could be in TO for your class

Riet said...

Beautiful card Linda,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Ebru Vatansever said...

I love your card as always Linda, you are too talented my friend. Can't wait till tomorrow to see you all.
Mwah !!

Pauline said...

Beautiful! Love the softness of the pinks.
Coloured to perfection!

Jessica Diedrich said...

yeah...ipad2 or DS3D...ummmm NO brainer... (and I may have just gotten my beloved PINK magnetic cover today... LOVE IT!)
Your card is fantastic-just GORGEOUS! and hmmm tell me more abut this Royal wedding app, LOL!!!

Robin McK said...

To-die-for Linda! I love the scallop border, the bow, and that die cut! Oh, and the colouring might be special too :-P
I'll see ya in Kitchener!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Linda this is gorgeous what lovely papers and that image is fabulous I love this big time.
Hugs
Lorraine x

kennady said...

It is an wonderful post and beautiful Linda cards. My close friend is planning his wedding using the wedding planner mobile app for his wedding and i am congrats to all the couples.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails