Monday, July 18, 2011

Something masculine today

I taught a class at Pickle on Saturday and we used Stamping Bella's Isa's Eclectic Stamps and oh what fun we had! Now I will say that our second card did give us some grief, and I still do not know what went wrong but I will remind you to NOT tap off UTEE or you'll tap it all off. Let the excess just roll off your paper, then heat from underneath and you should have success. I was also pretty excited because I had Paulabella and Paulineabella in my class so you can imagine my horrified state in front of these two talents when no one could get their UTEE to stick. Oh well...get over it and move on!

After class we came back to my place and all took to something different, Paula messing in her journal, Pauline colouring some Bella's and me on canvas. Still feeling creative on Sunday I pulled out those Isa stamps again and created this.


No patterned paper here. Starting with a piece of bella's bestest cardstock in cream I sponged various distress inks for the background piece using some stencils to get more interest. Then I stamped eclectic #8 ticket and some mesh. Then I stamped the ticket background again on a separate piece and rubbed distress inks over it. MAKING SURE IT WAS GOOD AND DRY I stamped the eclectic elements grid with burlap distress ink and embossed it with black distress embossing powder. LOVE the texture of that stuff.

Then I inked up sections of the grid again with distress ink and pressed an inchie into it. I did it that way so I knew where I was placing the inchie. Embossed with the distress powder, and rubbed some distress inks over it. I think I even stamped a bit of crackle on there too.

Finally, I melted some gold UTEE in my melting pot and dipped the edges of the inchies into it to give it a soldered look. We did this YEARS ago at Pickle and I had completely forgotten about it until I saw it again on one of the 3 Hearts videos. Very cool! Must do this more often. Here is a side shot...I glued the inchie squares down with Helmar Scrap dots to accomodate the uneven surface on the back.


Whew! That's it! Seems like a lot of typing for a card that really didn't take me all that long to make! Now off to read Emily's blog...a little birdie told me she has posted something about art journaling on there that has got my curiosity heightened.

Don't forget about our sketch challenge this week, it's a winner and mine is already done! YAY!!!!

4 comments:

Kerri said...

very nice.. love it!! the uttee not your fault..maybe the stuff was bad..lol..thks for sharing

Julie Yates said...

Wow, I have been looking and looking for a masculine card to create and yours is the very first classy one I've seen. There is something about it that I can't put into words. I don't like to create masculine cards with golf clubs, deer, or ties...this one is amazing. I won't copy it, I promise, but I will use it as inspiration! You are so talented :)

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Linda.

Hugs Riet.xx

K1 said...

This card is amazing! I can honestly see that you are having so much fun playing. So refreshing. You are giving me the itch to play more often
♥K

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails