Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Art Journal Monday on Tuesday again

Well, what did ya think of Stamping Bella's release yesterday? OMG....it was everything Emily said it would be AND MORE!!! My order is placed and now I wait, but hopefully not too long and now I just have to decide what to colour first!!!! I ordered almost everything so if there is anything you wanna see me colour up leave me a comment and I'll do it! Kinda like making supper, I don't mind doing it, but sometimes I just want someone to make the decision on what I should cook! And....have you been over to Paula's blog....she's got a giveaway going on so you may want to go check it out.

Okay....on to Art Journalling....I've said it before, I'm not your 'traditional' art journal type in that I don't write all over my pages, for me, it is just a place to play, try new stuff and just be creative. This weeks theme was collage and I had this face that I drew so I decided to create an outfit for her and plop her head on top. Oh what fun I had doing this one! The little flowers were punched out on various papers all from the same basic grey paper pack as the stripes using old SU punch. The funny thing is that I hated this paper and was ready to toss it but once I put it on there and gave it a wash of some gold paint I fell in love.


Then I didn't think it was 'collagey' enough so I did this. Cut the flowers and the fence free hand, added some paint (of course!) then got a little crazy with my white sharpie poster paint pen.


I have to say I AM partial to the first one but that's just me...I think it is the rich gold and red colours that I adore.

I'll be stalking Emily's blog until the post comes up because I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with this week! I'm having a BLAST doing this!

7 comments:

Bren said...

LOVE that art journal!!
I will be sending you my pick to be colored from the new releases later today. Ofcourse I would like to see everything colored but I do have a favorite or two that I seen yesterday.

Riet said...

So wonderful Linda.

Hugs Riet.xx

Dana White said...

Linda these are both STUNNING - i've said if I was still in TO i would be art journalling with you girls - maybe you can introduce me to it the next time I'm out?!

CraftyViolet said...

I love them both! Great job. I'm a bit too timid to add stuff to my projects and timid is not how anyone would describe me!...but I may try to branch out a bit. You are definitely my inspiration.

Linda Carson said...

WOW! Both pages are totally too cool! Love the bold, rich colors! You drew that face? Get out! You should be designing stamps like Paula!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

OMGosh this is fantastic. You rock my world. I can't say enough about these. It's nice to hear others toss "what was I thinking" paper.

I'd love to see those coffee girls coloured up.

Margo said...

both of your journal pages are gorgeous!! I love the colours on the first page as well!

I would love you to colour up the shopping Uptown Girl - in greens!! LOL - I seem to have issues using greens "beautifully"!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails