Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Art Journal Monday on Tuesday

You know that I just HAD to play along in Art Journal Monday...but actually, I didn't have to do anything for it because I had already worked on the page at Emily's last weekend. It's messy...but oh so pretty and the texture is just amazing when you run your hand over it.

I started by gluing down some Art Tissue that I bought at Curry's...don't ask me what the difference is between that and regular dollar store tissue except this does not have a shiny side like regular tissue. The colours are really vibrant but you can create new colours just by gluing another colour on top, sorta like mixing colours of the rainbow. Then I applied a light wash of paint over top to 'tone it down'. Finally I took some white tissue that was torn into strips and I got them all sticky and gluey with Mod Podge and pasted them down in circular motion for the flower heads. I sort of did the same for the leaves, but just 'pushed' them into shape with the end of my paint brush. After it was all dry I took some PITT pens to add some shading and colour to the flowers. I love the softned look of that!

And that's it! I'll be heading over to Em's blog to see the wonderful tissue creations and what she has in store for our next Art Journaling challenge! OMG...these are SOOOOOOO fun!!!! And I've got another Bella for this Friday's challenge for you Bella fans out there.

See ya later!

1 comment:

Cathy Bueti said...

Love this journal page! So vibrant and full of life! I found you via the She Art flickr group and loved your girls!! I am new to the class and am enjoying it so far!

:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails