Thursday, August 25, 2011

Better late than never!

I know, I know I said I would be back with a card and I did plan on having this posted yesterday, I REALLY DID...but life got in the way, and I got obsessed with drawing Suzi Blu faces....okay maybe the latter is what really was consuming my time! When I get on a roll, there ain't no stopping me and there was a look, a face, an age and an expression that I was trying to master and I just couldn't stop until I did it. Well I did it, and then I tried to do it again and I can't!!! It is amazing how such a slight move of the pencil can change the look of a face so completely.  And I find it difficult to sketch these faces without adding some shading or smudge with my pencil...I just can't draw that outline with one swoop, it takes me SEVERAL lines (and several erases) to get me where I want to be. But I'm okay with that because as long as I get to where I want to be in the end, it doesn't matter much how many lines and erases it took me to get there.

Let's move on to the card I promised you. When we had our heavy metal challenge the other week I made two cards, arivedercibella who I posted here and these cutie little peace HIGHTOPS.



I found them in my desk drawer and coloured them so long ago I never marked down the copics I used, but I highly suspect it was in the BG72, 75, 78 range along with some warm grey's. I paired them up with some Karen Foster brads THAT I HAVE HAD FOREVER and really liked the way it turned out. I do recall I was torn on which one to post for the challenge but I guess I was in a girly kinda mood and chose to go with a bella.

I WILL be back tomorrow with my sketch challenge card, but don't check TOO early because I have pre-housekeeper cleaning to do tonight so might not get to posting until later tomorrow morning! Sorry to make you wait! he he he!!!

'till tomorrow!
Linda



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails