Sunday, September 25, 2011

Another Sunday

I've spent the last couple hours cleaning up the mixed media mess in my kitchen. Man can I make a mess! Last night I finished Emily's AJ Monday page....I went VERY clean and simple this week because I think I exhausted myself painting the front and back covers of my coptic journal. If you are wondering what that is, it is a hand stitched journal and mine is assembled with Arches watercolor paper. It is the journal I will be using for my Suzi Blu A Lovely dream art journal class. She is ONE amazing artist.

Moving on....I do have a card today and it's one I created for our display at Scrapfest. Meet POSH has a present. A while back I asked if there was anything from the latest release you would like me to colour and I haven't forgotten about you, I just don't have those images yet and when I do get them, they will be the first I go to.

In the meantime, Margo wanted the shopping uptown girls in GREEN and since I don't have the 'girls' yet, I thought I'd tackle Posh in greens. Of course EVERYTHING couldn't be green so I threw in some pink.


When I want soft greens like this, I tend to use the lightest copics and do the rest of the shading and highlighting with pencil. And I couldn't do this all up in green without actually telling you what I used so here goes:

E000, 00, 11 (face)
G20, 40, 12 (dress)
G000, 00, BG11, G21 (green bags)
R00, RV11, R21, 22 (pink bags, shaded with E31)
E11, 13, 25, 27 (hair)
YG11, 21, 25, 67, G34 (bows and shoes)

for the pencils:
To shade the dress, I used some Kelp green and highlighted with white
I added some peacock green to the polkadot bag
I shaded around the image with pale sage first, then added some kelly green

Hope you like her! Now I'm ready to colour something up for our POP IT UP Friday challenge. hmmmmmmm, what to do, what to do.

12 comments:

Kerri said...

very nice love the soft greens..thks for sharing..

Dianne said...

Linda, I love this card. You colored the image and all the details perfectly.

Hugs,
Dianne
http://mypaperhugs.blogspot.com/

Lana Clarke said...

very elegant card and fresh colours.
Lana x

Rosanne said...

Gorgeous Linda!

Robin McK said...

Linda, I adore her! Love those greens and the glitter!!!

Pauline said...

Gorgeous! Love all the green tones!

Margo said...

Well, I do have this stamp too, so will totally CASE your colouring!!!

Thanks for letting little ole me "boss you" for just one card!!!!!!

I don't comment often but do check your blog every day, and think your creations are "to die for"!!

Bren said...

I love this card as well and since I am having the big "50" birthday today I will pretend is for me. :) Great job as always!!

Cindy H. said...

This is soooo pretty!!

Alina said...

absolutely beautiful card, Linda, I love the green colour and the stamp is just great!
hugs, Alina

Linda Carson said...

Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

LOVE all this green! Your coloring is just amazing - and inspiring. I totally love this card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails