Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Guilded Trees

I coloured up Stamping Bella's birds decorating TREES with no particular paper in mind. Pretty scary thought isn't it, but I knew I was going to colour them all green with blue shades and blue birds so how tough would it be to find paper to match.


After stamping my trees with memento ink on bella's BESTEST paper I coloured them up with the following copic markers:

YG41, 45, G12, B12, 16, BG07 (trees, birds and ornaments)
E42, 44 (tree trunk)
YR30, E50, 51 (shading around trees)

I decided on an elegant background and used a piece of a solid Basic Grey paper that had subtle shading in it. Ran it thru my vagabond with a sizzix embossing folder and then sponged on some evergreen bough distress ink and tsukineko all purpose ink in Vegas gold. For my local fans, I got this at pickle...which by the way, is where I got the idea ;).  The gold glitter at the base of the trees is a JudiKins product called ROXS. I have several of these very textural accents which I have been hoarding for years and I've decided to start putting them to use. It's all about the details and the more little accents you add, the more the WOW factor will be....but remember, LITTLE is the key to my style! I never want to be so over the top with accents that my image gets lost in the clutter...but that's just me.

Now it's only Tuesday so you still have lots of time to get in on our Friday Challenge over at Bloggabella....our theme is keeping with the season and HOLIDAY is your inspiration. And if you are ready to take the plunge....WORDS is the AJ Monday challenge and you can read about it here.

I've still got one more card to show you before Bellarific Friday, so don't wander off too far! K!

till next time, Linda

9 comments:

yvon said...

Absolut gorgeous creation.
Hugs, Yvon

Jeanette said...

Wow, beautiful. Your blog is very inspiring-I check out your cards often!

Rachel B. said...

Nice card. Love the background! I will try this technique soon!

dpkennedy said...

The embossed background treatment is gorgeous! Fab card!

Imke said...

Wow, that´s very beautiful. Great stamps and coloring !!

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Linda, love your trees
Clairexx

Pauline said...

Gorgeous Linda! This colour is so rich looking - I just might need to case this!

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Love this look with the backgroud. Will be giving this one a whirl! Thanks for the inspiration my friend!

Adair said...

Oh my goodness...this is fabulous!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails