Friday, June 8, 2012

Guy Cards

That was our challenge this week and I know it can be a challenge for most of us, me included! When it comes to guy cards I usually trend towards nature...leaves, trees, etc...but this time I thought I would stretch my stamps and look to use something that might not otherwise be considered a 'guy' image. Bring on Paula's porch swing by Stamping Bella.


I stamped it on bella's BESTEST paper and coloured it with copic markers pairing it up with Bo Bunny's Weekend Market Collection paper. Kind of a perfect match for a weekend lazing on a porch swing!

Now there was a method to my madness here because my brother turns 50 this summer and he is an electrical engineer by trade but a woodworker by night and made a beautiful swing that hangs from the porch of his century home so I thought this will make a perfect card for his birthday. I am also lucky enough to own one of his swings but sadly I don't have the deep porch to hang it from so for a while it hung on my back deck but now I'm looking for a stand so I can perch it in a shady part of my yard. I might have to commission him to make me one because I know exactly where I want it.

Next week is a sketch roundup, pic your fav from the sketches below and get crafty!










 Happy Stamping everyone!

5 comments:

Pauline said...

Love this Linda. That paper just makes is so masculine! Love that you picked something not many of us would of thought of to colour for this challenge! Fantastic!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wowza, what a bang up job. Your colouring is perfect, and it coordinates so well with the DP. I love the addition of a stone wall. Very unique. You're such an inspiration.

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Linda.

Hugs Riet.xx

dpkennedy said...

Stunning! How did you make the brick wall behind the swing?! He will love this card!

Sandy said...

Boy, I sure do like this card too Linda - It has such depth. Love the colors.
Sandy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails